For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.
Ephesians 6:12
I believe that's true, but the struggle against flesh and blood sure is a hard one. And I believe that there is a connection there between the flesh and blood, and the spiritual forces that try to make us stumble. It's like an internal war. Even though it seems like it shouldn't be. And I know it shouldn't be. I know that I can't do this alone, but at the same time, I know it's my own responsibility and that I am not a slave to anything. So God help me, but me, help myself as well. I can do this.
--
Wasting my time on youtube, found a comment on a video:
"dude repentance is a walk, not a snap of God's fingers and makin you perfect all of a sudden or we'd never rely on Him again. It's about changing our direction from where the world wants us to head to towards where we need to head, but you haven't really repented until you've walked down the road in God's direction. And it's not just sinners that have to do it, even Christians have stuff they gotta turn from, and I know coz I am one"
Way too often I ask God to forgive me, and that's it. It's not that way, and I am wrong to ask for forgiveness with out repenting and changing my ways. It does no good to ask for forgiveness and then keep on sinning and asking for forgiveness from God. It just doesn't work that way. But I find myself stuck there an awful lot.
06 April 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment