"Oh heart of mine, why must you stray?
From one so fair you run away
And one more time you have to pay
The heaviness of needless shame
Oh heart of mine, come back home
You've been too long out on your own
And He's been there all along
Watching for you down the road" - Chris Tomlin
Fight apathy. Fight pride. Fight laziness.
Christ was not apathetic. He was full of the Holy Spirit, in submission to the Father, he came to seek and to save the lost.
Christ was humble. He gave up his rightful place and put on flesh. He endured separation from the Father for the sake of His glory and for our sins.
Christ came to give us life, life in full and life in abundance. For we have died and our lives are hidden in Christ.
Some thoughts from reading the book Jesus + Nothing = Everything
Why do we reject the Gospel? Why am I so prone to forget and try to save myself? Because it takes the focus off of myself. The Gospel is not about me, it's about what Jesus has done. When I truly believe the Gospel, in a way I disappear. What I do is not of ultimate importance, or of any at all in light of the cross. Jesus said "It is finished." There is nothing left to complete the Gospel's redeeming and justifying power. I cannot justify myself. I can do nothing. I can only accept and live in light of the Gospel as He has called me to Him. The Gospel is for the humble, the Gospel humbles, the Gospel demands humility. The pride in my heart stops the Gospel from penetrating those deep places. But Christ came to conquer that. He did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, but went to the cross and bore our sins, and was exalted, for His everlasting joy and glory, and for our own joy, our own lives, that we may be with him. Grace, oh mysterious wonderful grace.
14 February 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment