I never really thought that things would fall into place like this. I am so glad that we were able to get together like we did yesterday. I believe from the bottom of my heart that good things will come out of this if we continue. I hope that God will bring something new and fresh to us and just give us a new meaning to what we think we know about. This first little session we had brought so much joy to my heart and a feeling that God was starting to work in us and that He's going to surprise us in amazing ways as we travel together on this journey. I know we all stand in different places in our spiritual walks, but I think that we will all be able to help each other out and bring us together as brothers in Christ.
Let's keep it together.
---
It was unlike anything I have ever experienced. There's just something about being able to worship freely without having to think about who's next to me or who might be watching me. And being with 17000 other people all worshiping the same God. It was like a small preview of what heaven would be like. I always told myself that I didn't like to sing, and that people could worship God in song by just reading the words in their head, and that that was totally okay. Those first few nights/mornings, I was still having those self conscious feelings and being worried about my friends that were standing around me. On the second night, there was a man with mental and physical disabilities sitting 2 seats down from me. As time came for singing, I noticed that he was praising God and singing and lifting his hands up and just genuinely worshiping God. That just blew my mind. Then there was me, healthy and full able to do whatever I wanted with my body. Brought up in the church, Christian school, Christian parents, all the opportunities in the world to be submerged in the 'culture' of Christianity. And there I am, standing still and looking around at other people, and thinking about what other people think about me if I start singing or do whatever. It broke me to see myself and my attitude towards worship. Because if this guy still praise God from the bottom of his heart even though he's disabled and probably has so many difficulties in life, then why can't I? Why are we like this? I had to think long and hard about this.
I spent the rest of the conference in the upper bowl of the stadium, away from everyone else I knew. I just felt so free there, just being able to fully concentrate on God and try let Him speak to me. Now being back home and thinking back on the experience, I think I can say that I truly worshiped for the first time in my life up there in the stadium. I just felt something that I couldn't really explain, but I'm sure that it was something from the divine. And again, I always told myself that I was not a singing type, but now I believe that we were all made to 'make a joyful noise' and there's just no way around it when we're in the presence of God. So one challenge for me being back home now and back in the routine is to carry this over to my life now. So here we go...God help me.
06 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment