28 March 2010

The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom. Proverbs 1:7

I've most definitely have lacked wisdom in some choices I've made recently. And I think it does start with fearing God and really understanding for myself the reality of it. It being why I should fear God and why He is worthy to be feared.

Fear in love, respect, reverence, sheer joy and literal fear.

In Psalm 130:3-4, it says, "If you, O Lord, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.

And I've been needed to set my priorities straight. If I want to serve God fully, I need to submit to him fully, and obey him fully, and need to find all of my satisfaction in Christ. Nehemiah says that the joy of the Lord is your strength. That has been difficult for me to grasp and for me to really know what it means. And I don't know if I will ever fully get that as long as I'm in this world. But I can strive to let the joy of knowing Christ be what drives me. The joy of knowing Christ will inevitably make me want to share that with others.

And somehow I guess that links back into the fear of the Lord. Everything links back to Jesus, somehow. And I guess reading the Bible has been different for me when I read it with that mindset.

Today I am confused and have not collected my thoughts properly.

No comments: