"Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth
- Matthew 5:3-5
"You're blessed when you are out of options and all you can do is lean on God. Because when you realize your needs for God, it is only then that you tap into His immeasurable greatness and goodness. You're blessed when you've been stripped of that which is most precious to you. Only then can you be tenderly embraced by the One most precious to you." - Eric Ludy
--
So how much of my life actually requires faith in God? I wake up, I eat breakfast, I go out, I eat lunch, I come home, I eat dinner, I sleep. How much of my life requires that I actually rely on God, instead of just saying that I do? He tells us to rely on Him, and Him alone. He tells us that without Him, I am nothing. I really need to remind myself of that. Because in this me-centered, self sufficient society, that is hard to remember and apply.
One of the biggest challenges right now in my life is to have God as the first, and to rely on Him only.
What I've been learning is this:
God is ultimate, God is unfailing, God is unrelenting in his love. God is perfect. God saved us, and He will never leave us.
Everyone, parents, friends, siblings, role models, even the ones we love and treasure, will be be perfect, will not love like God can and does, will not be and are not perfect, never could have saved us, and will leave us at some point in our lives. This is contrary to what we may imagine, or hope for in our relationships with others.
So holding on to others with a vice grip and believing in them, and at some points forgetting about God, has been my struggle. But I have to realize and remind myself that they too will fail me, and I will fail them. But God will not, and this he has promised us. And he has promised to help us do this as well, so God help me.
22 June 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment