I can now see why God hates our sins so much. I hate my sin. I hate it. It makes me feel so dirty. It hurts the people around me, because of my own doing. It hurts me, because of my guilt and shame and regret over my bad choices. It piles on me a mountain of shame and the reminders that I am weak and that I am born sinful and have become friends with my shortcomings. Most importantly, it hurts God, and makes me treat the cross like a joke. And I don't want it to be that way. It can't be that way. Confession is so damn hard. And I can't say for sure whether or not I can honestly say that it's been beneficial to me right now, but I can hope that it is a start on a path to healing and redemption. With the grace and help of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment