This week is a new week of my life. It's going to hard. I'm going to think to myself 'What the hell am I doing?' But I am going to do it anyways. I'm going to do it. It does amount to nothing in the end when I've just sat in the comfort zone. And it really amazes me how I've waited so long. But better now than never. Much better now. So help me God.
--
What did Jesus do? Who did he hang out with? He became flesh and invited himself over to our place, where we are comfortable. He came to save the lost and to love.
'Love your neighbour'
And of course, we all know that one.
'Jesus came and had meals with tax collectors and prostitutes and the people that the Pharisees hated'
And of course, we've heard that one too.
And even this one.
'Love God'
And yes, we say it, but man do we butcher that and abuse that and just kill that. If we truly do love God, then everything else will follow. This love for God will translate into the love for others.
Love your neighbour. But do we really believe it? No. We know it, just like we know that we're saved by faith through grace and that it's not by works. But do we really believe it? Have we experienced it? I don't think so. We're too comfortable here. And in our school, of all places, where we've got the message of Christ shoved down our throats every day, we are the just as guilty, if not more, of not doing the things that we preach. Love your neighbour. We've been saved. We've been given something that we could not earn. And there are people out there that see us and we give our selves the titles and labels of "Christians". What do they see? Like Paul, the self proclaimed 'chief of sinners', I am so guilty of this, so dirty, and have been so full of myself.
So I am going to go from today, and just go at it a day at a time. No long term goals, no big weekly commitments. Just one day at a time, learning and trying to love those that we as a class just don't love.
08 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment