It's heartbreaking to see your mom cry. It's heartbreaking to see your grandfather's chest rise and fall because of a machine. It's heartbreaking to see your dad upset, but doing his best to hold back tears, because he's a dad.
I believe that life and death is all a part of the natural flow of things. I also believe that God is good and that he loves us. I believe that God showers blessings on us. There have been so many moments in the past 2 weeks that could have been seen as opportunities to question God, but there have just been an overwhelming amount of things that have been blatant blessings from God and ways that He has shown himself to us. 1 Peter 1:6,7 says that even though we may face troubles and trials, those are only to make our faith stronger and more pure, and result in praise and honor and glory to God and Jesus Christ being revealed. I don't know what it is, but I believe that to be true, and even more true through this whole situation in the past little while.
So hang on, grandpa.
02 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
have to remember one thing though Josh - that we are put through trials to be tested and to show that our faith is genuine by giving praise back to Jesus Christ who sacrificed everything for us. It's not necessarily to make our faith stronger or more pure, because our faith is based in the highest and most pure already - we can't purify our faith, he purifies us. What the verses in 1 Peter symbolize is that even when we face trials - we give praise back to God regardless, not in pursuit of being called worthy, but because the only one worthy of praise is him - which is what I think you're getting at =). I was touched by this Joshua, and I'm encouraged to see your growth in the word of God. I'll pray for your family now in its time of need - may God continue to bless you even when he seems far away.
Post a Comment