Yesterday we battled the fire in the engine room. Again I have developed so much more respect for firefighters and their ability to fight fires. I wanted to get out after spending 5 seconds in the heat, and as we went further in and battled the flames, I felt like I was dragging an anaconda. But it was a lot of fun, and getting out and stripping out of my gear made me feel like a snake shedding it's skin. I love snake skins.
This morning I went for a bike ride around Cole Harbour, my bum is sore. I got some mosquito bites. I came back 'home' and spent some time in the Word and playing a borrowed guitar. Everyone was gone, so I got to spend a lot of time to myself to reflect and absorb the Word and worship. It was great, no distractions, no routine to follow, no timings to make, just me, the Word, and free worship with not a care.
I was reading 2 Timothy 4, about Paul's 'charge' to us. He tells us to preach the gospel, to always be ready. He also talks about running the race and the good fight. He tells of the time he was left all alone with nobody there to cover his butt, but God strengthened him, SO THAT he could be used to tell non-believers about Jesus, and he only focuses on the heavenly and eternal goal and rewards.
I had to really think about what I would do if there was abosolutely nobody in my life(hard to imagine)..what would my reaction be and what would I do, would I rely on God for strength and trust that He would carry me through? Trust that he would give me strength to continue to keep proclaiming Him? It's easy to say, but a trillion times harder to do. But faith like everyday, even when there are people around, I guess is what needs be.
--
I spent the evening with my roommate, walking around town and picking up some chinese food. It doesn't even compare to Toronto. I miss chinese food.
31 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment